The department offers the PhD degree with concentrations in Speech-Language Science or Hearing Science. The research experience is paramount to PhD training, and the opportunity to obtain this experience exists across a variety of laboratory and clinical settings, both within and outside the department.
The other hallmark of the PhD program involves the tailoring of academic coursework to the specific research interests of the student. This apparent lack of structure may be daunting to some prospective students, but the faculty is committed to requirements that permit the student and her or his advisor(s) to design coursework and research experiences that are best suited to the student's specific interest.
The Speech and Hearing Science and Portuguese program is offered by The Ohio State University.
- The academic program consists of coursework within the department, as well as in related areas such as psychology, linguistics, statistics, engineering, and/or education. Accordingly, there are few specific requirements, other than coursework in research tools (a minimum of 9 semester credit hours) and coursework that forms a cohesive outside area (a minimum of 9 semester credit hours).
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Languages Linguistics View 47 other PhDs in Linguistics in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.