In 1939, in order to promote industrial production in the border areas of Shanxi, Gansu and Ningxia and ensure the victory of the war of resistance, the CPC Central Committee decided to establish the Institute of Natural Sciences in Yan'an. In the spring of 1940, it was changed to Yan'an Academy of Natural Sciences.
It has been one of the key universities in China since the founding of New China and the first batch of universities which has entered the national “211 Project”, “985 Project” and the “Top A World-class University”.
Beijing Institute of Technology Library (BITL), originally known as Yan’an Academy of Natural Sciences Library, was established in 1940. It presently consists of Zhongguancun campus library, Xu Teli library and four professional branches covering disciplines from machinery and vehicle engineering, science, humanities to law, with a total floor area of 46,000 square meters.
As the new campus of BIT, Liangxiang Campus is located in Liangxiang, Fangshan District, which enjoys beautiful scenery and is suitable for peaceful study. Nowadays, the rapid development of municipal construction can facilitate the transportation for the teachers and students in Liangxiang Campus.
Go to your profile page to get personalised recommendations!