Medical University of Silesia has over sixty-year tradition. The University was established in 1948 as the Medical Academy in Rokitnica Bytomska. The first Rector of the school was Professor Nowakowski, a famous specialist in hygiene.
The Medical University of Silesia consists of five schools: School of Medicine in Katowice (the one that offers education in English language), School of Medicine with the Division of Dentistry in Zabrze, School of Health Care, School of Public Health, and School of Pharmacy with Division of Medical Analytics in Sosnowiec.
The objective is to advance this research in the BAMI project and will develop a standardised method of bone marrow cell collection, develop a standardised method of optimising reparative potential of bone marrow derived cells, standardise bone marrow preparation procedure so that it can be universally applied, standardize method of bone marrow cell delivery post AMI and conduct the first large scale all course mortality clinical trial to test if the product and delivery method mentioned above can lead to a 25% reduction in mortality.
We offer accommodation for students at the dormitory located on the campus, within a walking distance from the basic science buildings in Katowice-Ligota.
Anatomy is one of the world's most famous textbooks for medical students. The book was based on the updated and revised second edition of Gray's Anatomy for Students.Wydanie Polish was translated and edited by a team of excellent specialists in the field of anatomy .
Health insurance and emergency medical procedures insurance is obligatory for all students attending classes/clinical rotations in Poland.
Katowice is the main city of Upper Silesia - a historical part of Poland. The first factories, such as ironworks, started to operate in the 14th century already. In the 19th century the whole area existed as a vast country: Katowice and the Karbowo, Brynów and Bogucice estates. At that time numerous coal-mines and steelworks were established, for example, in 1804 one of the biggest steelworks, still active the Baildon steelwork was opened by the prince Hohenlohe together with the Irish engineer John Baildon. It was the first steelwork in the world where the domestic coke was burnt.