History
Daemen was established in 1947 as Rosary Hill College for women by the Sisters of St. Francis of Penance and Christian Charity, founded by Mother Magdalen Damen. The College graduated its first male alumnus in 1968, and changed its name in 1976 to honor the foundress of the order which founded Rosary Hill College. The college became nonsectarian in 1976.