History
In November 1953, the school became an independent body as the Institute of Chemical Technology headed by a Rector. The Institute developed rapidly in ”the city of chemistry”.
During 60 years of its existence, the Institute of Chemical Technology and later the University of Pardubice has become an important centre of education with more than fifteen thousand professionally trained graduates.