Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Maynooth University Sports Scholarship is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Financial bursary: scholarship funding assists students with sports and university-related expenses (e.g. sporting equipment, travel costs associated with sport) and its purpose is to free up time from part-time work commitments for our scholars.
Priority on-campus accommodation in first year (allocation of accommodation places at discretion of Development Officers). Normal fees apply to scholars.
Access to expert coaching and fitness training.
Sports psychology and time management workshops.
Health and nutrition advice.
Ongoing academic support.
Goal setting, performance planning and career advice.
Individual functional health screening leading to fitness, strength and conditioning programmes.
Access to top level coaches and playing facilities.
Free gym membership.
Access to cardiovascular fitness suite and free weights gym.
Medical and physiotherapy support.
Fitness testing and analysis.
- Scholarships are reserved for students who have reached, or have the potential to reach a very high level of performance, competing at one or a combination of international, national, inter-provincial and inter-county level.
- Leaving Certificate applicants:
- Required to meet the normal matriculation/minimum entry requirements and any special course requirements;
- May receive up to 60 CAO points to assist in bridging any points shortfall for admission to preferred level 8 degree. Sport scholarship applicants must achieve at least 300 points in their best six Leaving Certificate subjects.
- QQI applicants:
- Minimum requirement of full award (8 modules) with 5 distinctions in a linked award. The maths requirement for specific degrees may be satisfied by having the grade in the Leaving Certificate, GC(S)E or other school leaving examinations or by attaining a distinction in maths or statistics module in the QQI award.
- Postgraduate applications:
- Considered on a case-by-case basis.
Study experience required
The application for a Sports Scholarship at Maynooth University closes on April 1st. You will need your CAO number (i.e. 23******) to complete your Sport Scholarship application.