Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The University of Essex is offering a bursary to black, Arab or mature students who are starting an eligible postgraduate course, and have previously also completed their undergraduate studies at the University of Essex. This applies whether progressing directly or following a gap in study.
The bursary is worth £500.
- The award is available to students who have previously completed their undergraduate studies at the University of Essex and progress to postgraduate study starting in academic year 2021-22
- Students must have an ethnic origin of Black or Arab, or have been classed as a mature student at undergraduate level (students who start their undergraduate degree at 21 or over)
- Students must register for an eligible postgraduate taught course at Essex in October 2022 or January 2023. Eligible courses are those which are full-time or part-time, leading to the degree of MA, MSc, MBA, LLM, MFA, MAPH, or MRes
- Students must be entirely self-funding all of their tuition fee
- The award is open to applicants on the full-time and part-time programmes.
Study experience required
The bursary will be automatically applied using the information provided at the point of registration for your postgraduate study. For mature students, we will identify you by your mature status during your undergraduate study.