The quality of the department's research has been evident in the most recent research assessments. In the Times Higher Education analysis of the latest Research Excellence Framework, the Department of Economics was ranked sixth in the UK, with a high proportion of its research activity rated in the top category.
Many of our PhD graduates pursue careers in research, in academia or elsewhere. The Economics programme from University of Bristol also provides you with a sound basis for careers in finance, business management, public service or teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research areas included:
- Eonomic theory
- Labour economics
- Macroeconomics, growth and development
- Public organisation and applied microeconomics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We welcome applications for admission at any time of year, though early application is advised.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 10 other Masters in Econometrics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The standard entry route into the PhD is from the MRes Economics programme, conditional on academic results and the availability of supervision.
- Candidates with an MRes or MPhil Economics degree from another institution, or a very strong MSc Economics or equivalent degree, can also be considered for direct entry into the PhD programme. Applicants whose master's-level studies have been outside Europe, the US and Canada are strongly recommended to provide GRE scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18900 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National4475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4475 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK: part-time£2,238
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man: full-time£9,475
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.