Professional Doctorate in Education at University of Portsmouth is aimed at professionals across a range of educational contexts – including teachers, lecturers, learning support professionals. trainers, educational consultants and early years practitioners.
On this course you can:
- undertake a structured doctoral programme
- engage in explicit reflection on professional knowledge and practice
- experience peer learning and networking opportunities afforded by the cohort approach
Benefits of an EdD
Routes our graduates have pursued after successful completion of their Prof Doc include:
- head teacher
- educational consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professionalism and Professional Practice
- Philosophy and Practice of Educational Research
- Publication, Dissemination and Impact
- Project Proposal
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 27 other PhDs in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or equivalent professional experience, and demonstration of the ability to study at postgraduate level (60 level 7 credits, for example a PgCert, or equivalent).
- Applicants must be professionally engaged in the field of education in a way that enables them to achieve the programme learning outcomes. Applicants are subject to interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7750 GBP per year during 48 months.
National2950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2950 GBP per year during 48 months.
EU, EEA or Swiss students: A Transition Scholarship will be applied to your fees reducing them to the same amount as UK students.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.