About the Program
Candidates of the Plant Science program of the Szent István University are taught and supervised by internationally renowned professors and researchers mainly from Szent István University as well as from other research institutes that belong to the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, respectively. Research facilities required for PhD studies are available from the above-mentioned institutions.
The major PhD Program areas are:
- Plant molecular genetics and gene technology
- Plant cell genetics and tissue culturing
- Molecular markers and molecular plant breeding
- Classical genetics and traditional plant breeding
- Arthropod assemblages and pests and predators of agroecosystems
- Fungal diseases of crop plants, biology and variability of pathogens, and alternative control
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Plant & Crop Sciences Genetics View 8 other PhDs in Genetics in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research program: it is a specimen sheet which you have to fill out and your research program must be carried out accordingly (max. 4-5 pages)
- All candidates must provide two letters of academic references
- An official copy of the transcripts from all higher-education institutions previously attended by the candidate must be submitted, either attached to the application or by mail directly from the originating institution
- Any foreign or Hungarian PhD student is expected to have proficient written and spoken language skills, preferably in English (B2 level of English is required)
- International candidates may be requested a formal interview
- Attach a brief Curriculum Vitae
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Tuition fee: between 4,000 and 6,000 EUR/semester
Living costs for Gödöllő
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.