About the Program
Our core members nominated the research in the safety and security science as one of the most important for the national and international scientific community.
The goal of the Safety and Security Sciences program of the Óbuda University is to provide training and research opportunities for young people interested in this area of research with the aim to gain the doctoral (PhD) academic degree.
Courses in specific areas of Safety and Security sciences
- Materials and technologies
- Metallic materials and technologies
- Information technology
- Information Security,
- UAV systems
- Fuzzy-logic, etc.
- Biometrical devices and methods
- Metal science and explosive metalworking technologies
- UAV systems
- Critical infrastructures
- Info-communication systems and technology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Master's degree with a good qualification (MA / MSc) or an equivalent university degree in the previous education system (the qualification of the degree does not have to be taken into account two years after obtaining it);
- Knowledge of English at least intermediate level, attested by a state-recognized type "C" (or equivalent) complex language examination; where appropriate, the DIT may allow these requirements to be met from another foreign language necessary for the research of the chosen topic;
- The requirement for at least a secondary, state-recognized type "C" complex language examination in English is replaced by a high school diploma obtained in a foreign public educational institution by being recognized as a state-recognized "C" type complex Intermediate language examination in the official language of that foreign state; adequate professional training;
- Initial scientific performance (eg TDK dissertation, conference lecture, publication).
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.