We encourage you to develop connections with practitioners and policy makers and draw on these insights to develop new approaches to the study of entrepreneurship and innovation. We also offer you opportunities to work alongside social enterprises to inform your doctoral research.
Entrepreneurship from Essex, University of PhD candidates explore issues such as:
- entrepreneurial disengagement
- co-creation in social entrepreneurship
- cognitive entrepreneurship and over-optimism
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You begin your studies by meeting regularly with your supervisors and undertaking an intensive study programme. You attend advanced research methods training and undertake compulsory modules tailored to your individual research needs.
- Throughout your PhD, you have regular meetings with your supervisors. You are often asked to write up your ideas or reading notes to help establish good writing practices.
- By the end of your first year of research, you should have a solid understanding of the key debates in your field and have defined your research questions, outlining your original contribution to knowledge.
- 48 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
There is no application deadline and we aim to respond to applications within four weeks.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Entrepreneurship View 13 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need a good Masters degree, or equivalent, in a related subject. A well developed research proposal is also essential.
- You will normally be required to attend an interview/Skype interview for acceptance, and acceptance is subject to research expertise in the department.
International16230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16230 GBP per year during 48 months.
National5360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5360 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Home/UK fee
- International fee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.