The The University of Manchester offers a PhD in Arts Management and Cultural Policy. The Centre for Arts Management and Cultural Policy (CAMP) was launched in 2009, with the aim of providing an axis for engagement, collaboration and partnership between arts and cultural management professionals, sector organisations and higher education through its teaching and research programmes.
The Centre works closely with Manchester-based, regional and national cultural partners and bodies and is developing partnerships overseas.
The University has its own dedicated Careers Service that you would have full access to as a student and for two years after you graduate. At Manchester you will have access to a number of opportunities to help support you with your goals for the future.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research supervision interests in the Centre include:
- popular music, cultural policy and regeneration; the role of research in the arts management practice;
- the relationships between higher education and the creative economy, cultural mapping and planning methodologies;
- engagement and participation evaluation frameworks; and modes of interaction in performative cultural practices.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Management, Organisation & Leadership View 51 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic entry qualification overview
- Successful completion of a Masters course with an overall classification of Merit or higher, or its overseas equivalent, with an element of research training, is a prerequisite for entry to a PhD. A research proposal must be included with the formal application materials.
- English language
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.