- The Population Health Leadership program at the University of San Francisc will give students evidence-based knowledge and skills to lead inter-professional teams in health and healing improvement for targeted populations within a rapidly evolving healthcare system.
- As healthcare shifts its focus from individualized health to the health of populations, the demand for nurse leaders with expertise in improvement science and system creation continues to grow.
- Healthcare requires skilled, quality leaders who can assess the social determinants of health across populations, provide appropriate delivery models and diverse interventions, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and prevent disease for groups and populations across the lifespan.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, Master of Science in Nursing degree, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at the University of San Francisco, School of Nursing and Health Professions are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Population Health
- Evidence-Based Scholarship
- Epidemiology/ Data Analysis
- Theoretical Foundations of Health Promotion
- Evidence-based Scholarship II
- Health Informatics
- Practicum I: Intro Community Assessment
- Public Health Policy & Ethics
- Practicum II: Preventive Svcs & Health Promotion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Health Nursing View 124 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- A completed online application and fee
- Completion of a master's degree (in any field) from an accredited institution
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- A professional résumé
- Statement of professional goals
- Documentation of RN license
- Certification of Finances form or Letter of Support
- Bank statement(s) that indicate funds for the total costs
- A copy of passport copy
- International Transcripts: Your transcripts need to be in the original language of your university, AND in English translation.
International44400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1480 USD per credit during 24 months.
National44400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1480 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.