You should have at least four years’ experience in a relevant professional area. And hold a good postgraduate master’s degree from a recognised university.
The Education programme at the Oxford Brookes University allows you to pursue doctoral study in the context of your professional role. And combines a taught course with independent research. Our academics are highly regarded and at the forefront of their subjects. Cutting-edge, research-led teaching will advance your knowledge and develop your professional skills.
You will develop advanced research skills to become an independent, reflective and competent researcher. And benefit from our rich, diverse, intellectual and social environment.
EdD students are typically experienced professionals in education, healthcare and related fields. During the programme and after graduation many will go on to promoted posts in these areas.
As a doctoral qualification, the EdD also provides opportunities for those seeking employment and promotion in the higher education sector.
- Research: Paradigms
- Writing for Academic Practice
- Learning, Culture and Society
- Investigating Complexity
- Preparing your Research Proposal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You should normally have at least four years’ experience in a relevant professional area, and should hold a postgraduate master's degree from a recognised university.
- We will be looking for a good grade (usually merit or distinction) in your master's, and you will need to provide an extract from your dissertation or from an equally substantial piece of academic writing.
- We also ask you to provide a statement in support of your application, not exceeding 1,000 words, which should indicate:
National3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.