The Doctor of Dental Surgery at The University of Iowa requires a minimum of three years of preprofessional study and four years of study in the College of Dentistry. Students are required to maintain a cumulative g.p.a. of at least 2.00 to earn the degree.
- The Doctor of Dental Surgery program prepares students to practice general dentistry.
- Coursework during the first and second years in the College of Dentistry integrates the biomedical sciences with preclinical and clinical disciplines.
- The biomedical sciences include gross anatomy, biochemistry, general histology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and physiology.
- Students also study topics specific to dentistry, such as principles of occlusion, anesthesia and pain control, operative dentistry, periodontics, prosthodontics, cariology, and preventive dentistry.
- During the latter part of the first year, students are introduced to their first clinical patient treatment situation.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDentistry Biochemistry View 101 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
- Apply Online: To begin the general graduate application process, set up an account with an existing email address and password
- Three letters of recommendation
- An application for graduate funding
- A master’s degree from a Regionally Accredited American College or University
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions
- English Proficiency Requirements: International applicants whose first language is not English must submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for admission to the university
International35148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35148 USD per year during 36 months.
National36829 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36829 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State13393 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13393 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.