The Doctor of Philosophy program in Mass Communications from The University of Iowa requires 72 s.h. of graduate credit. The program provides training in research methods, communication theory, and teaching skills.
The program emphasizes interdisciplinary studies, with coursework and research tailored to each student’s interests under the guidance of faculty members.
- Students in this program prepare for careers as teachers and industry researchers.
- Humanistic Approaches to Media Communication
- Critical and Cultural Approaches to Media Communication
- Practicum: College Teaching and Professional Development for Teaching Assistants
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Corporate Communication Digital Communication View 8 other PhDs in Digital Communication in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile in MyUI, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
International30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30612 USD per year during 24 months.
National30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30612 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11665 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.