The Educational Psychology - School Psychology Emphasis program at University of Utah requires 73 semester hours for the degree which includes a 1,500-hour supervised internship. Upon completing the program, students meet Utah State Licensing Standards, as well as certification requirements for most other states. The Doctoral degree is designed to prepare psychologists who will practice in schools and other human serivce settings including:
- health centers
- research and academic settings
- and mental health agencies
- Neuropsychological Bases of Behavior
- Human Memory
- Psychology of Reading
- Independent Study and Special Projects in Educational Psychology: Ph.D.
- Multivariate Statistics
- Scale Development
- Psychological Consultation
- Practicum in College/University Teaching
- Spec Topic in Statistics
- Learning Sciences Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 44 other PhDs in Educational Psychology in United States
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration;
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.