The Humanities from University of Nova Gorica offering an international academic environment and an individual study approach is based on three main research areas: literary studies (including digital humanities), history, migration and intercultural relations.
PhD Graduates of the study programme Humanities are fully competent to perform further, independent professional and scientific-research tasks and may pursue careers in domestic and foreign institutions or organisations seeking experts in the field of humanities.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Economic and social transformations in historical perspective
- Greco-Roman Antiquity and the Modern European Ideas
- Intellectuals and intelligentsia
- Society in the age of modernization
- The twentieth century – the century of globalisation
- Imagology in Literary Studies
- Literature and Cultural Nationalism in Europe
- Literatures in contacts
- New communication media and literature
- Selected Topics in Digital Humanities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st is from Febr 16 – Mar 30
- 2nd is from Apr 1 – Jul 1
- 3rd is from Aug 1 – Sept 1
- 4th is presented above
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Literature
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have completed a 2nd cycle master’s study preogramme;
- Have completed at least a four-year academic undergraduate programme accredited with 240 ECTS credits;
- Have completed a uniform five year master’s study programme accredited with 300 ECTS credits;
- Have completed a specialization after previously finished professional study programme, and had passed additional study obligations within 30 to 60 ECTS credit points;
- Have completed an equivalent program abroad;
- The certificate of education
- A court-certified translation of the education certificate from the previous indent into the Slovenian or English language.
- Annual report cards, transcripts, a diploma supplement or some other evidence on the contents and duration of education;
- A short chronological description of the entire education, prepared and signed by the holder of the education certificate or his / her legal representative;
- Motivattion letter and CV.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nova Gorica
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.