The Architecture and Planning programme at the University of Liechtenstein is organised into two sections.
The first is structured into a set of curricular offerings. In this preparation phase, methodical and subject competencies are further expanded. The doctoral students prepare a preliminary study, or research plan, for their dissertation, to be presented in a colloquium.
The preliminary study must be approved before continuing the programme.The second section of the degree programme is the dissertation phase. Research is carried out independently, and the results are presented in the form of a dissertation. Seminars or colloquia relating to the dissertation must be attended. The dissertation is concluded with a disputation, or oral defence. The dissertation must be published before the academic degree can be awarded.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Studio Craft
- Advanced Studio Landscape
- Advanced Studio Landschaft
- Advanced Studio Upcycling
- History of Architecture, Art, and Urban Design
- The Business Model of an Architecture Firm
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 20 ECTS (Preparation phase)
- 10 ECTS (Dissertation phase)
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application for admission to the Doctoral degree programme requires a Master´s (MSc, MA) or equivalent degree from an internationally recognised university that confers doctoral degrees.
- Also required are the consent of a professor (doctoral supervisor) of the University of Liechtenstein and the confirmation of funding in the event of being employed by University of Liechtenstein, provided that the course of study is not entirely funded on one’s own or through other sources of funding. For this reason, the application requires a letter of recommendation with a confirmation of financing and the submission of an “exposé” with a presentation of the proposed research project.
- Professional work outside the University of Liechtenstein is only possible in well-founded exceptional cases. A workload reduction of up to 50% is recommended. The supervisor and doctoral commission have to agree.
International2314 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1157 EUR per semester and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA1758 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 879 EUR per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Tuition fee: CHF 950 - (EU/EEA and Swiss citizens);
CHF 1.250 - (other citizens)
Application fee: CHF 100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.