Learn how to ask scholarly questions and research the different ways people acquire and process knowledge as infants, children, adolescents, adults, and elders.
- The apprenticeship-mentor model of the program enables you to develop expert-level research skills and gain teaching experience that can help you become a successful research scholar, college instructor, university professor, or practicing educational psychologist.
- The PhD in Educational Psychology from University at Albany is a research-based program in which you learn how to generate new scientific knowledge related to psychological aspects of human development, learning, and performance.
This program is approved by the New York State Department of Education, although it is not a licensure-qualifying program.
- Individual Differences and Special Education
- Research Methods
- Measurement and Evaluation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Educational Psychology View 30 other PhDs in Educational Research in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts from all schools attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores
- Statement of goals
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The University offers a number of assistantships and fellowships to qualified graduate students. An assistantship covers tuition and provides a stipend of $15,918 for each academic year. In return students serve 20 hours per week as a research or teaching assistant. Students holding assistantships and fellowships must carry a full academic load and may not receive remuneration from other employment in or outside the University.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.