The Digital Design And Technologies PhD from Staffordshire University commences with two simultaneous tasks.
- A short course (Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods) that builds up your knowledge and skills concerning the nature and practicalities of academic research
- The writing and agreement of an in-depth research proposal.
From that point, you work with your supervisors on an agreed schedule, leading up to the submission of the thesis. Throughout, you will be expected to participate fully in the life of the department (coming to departmental events, giving papers, etc.).
Along the way we will help you to develop skills and experience useful for your future. We try to provide, but cannot guarantee, teaching experience, as well as conference and publication experience.
We can offer supervision for a range of research degrees. These include:
- Art and Design
- Digital Design and Technologies
- Film, Media and Music
- Humanities (PhDs in history, literature, philosophy, or creative writing)
- Social Sciences (PhDs in international relations, politics or sociology)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Satisfactory completion of a relevant Masters award.
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Stoke-on-Trent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.