The English-taught Management programme at Erasmus University Rotterdam includes systematic coaching and academic and personal development from leading academics. The advantages of carrying out doctoral research at ERIM are significant. This is an excellent place to start your academic career.
Means for achieving impact and excellence
Excellent research demands excellent support. ERIM employs a series of support and quality instruments, which together ensure a level of financial and personal support that is among the best in the world.
- Generous employment contract through Erasmus University Rotterdam
- A wide range of specialisation areas in management
- Financial support for conferences, international research visits, data collection and other research
- Personal supervision by distinguished international professors
- Job Placement support
- State-of-the-art research facilities
- Annual ERIM Summer School which offers short, specific courses to boost research skills
- Thorough training for a successful academic career
- Business Processes, Logistics & Information Systems
- Finance & Accounting
- Strategy & Entrepreneurship
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Entrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership View 4 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Netherlands
- At least an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, mathematics, etc. (depending on the PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study.
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research
- A GMAT-test (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE-test (Graduate Record Examinations)
- ERIM requires that applicants whose native language is not English have to submit scores of the TOEFL/IELTS test.
- CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with the potential supervisor(s)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
- We do not charge fees to accepted PhD candidates.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.