The Finance and Accounting programme at Erasmus University Rotterdam strives for high-quality scientific contributions in all major areas of finance and accounting, and to disseminate its knowledge locally and internationally.
The three broad themes of the Finance and Accounting programme are: asset pricing, corporate finance and accounting.
Each year ERIM initiates and starts a substantial number of new and internationally oriented PhD research projects. The focus is on pioneering and innovative research in the field of Management and Business Research.
ERIM distinguishes five areas of research in management and offers fully funded PhD research projects in the following fields: Business Processes, Logistics and Information Systems (LIS), Organisation (ORG), Marketing (MKT), Finance & Accounting (F&A), and Strategy & Entrepreneurship (S&E) .
ERIM currently offers the following PhD projects within its F&A research programme:
- Research in Accounting
- PhD in Finance
- Climate Risk and Sustainable Investing
ERIM is the research institute of management at Erasmus University Rotterdam, founded by Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), both of which excel in their research and teaching programmes. The level and international character of their research and teaching programmes has put both schools at the forefront of academic excellence.
They offer a diversified portfolio of accredited teaching and research programmes, ranging from pre-experience MSc to postgraduate Masters and executive development, and from fundamental research to applied research and business support, which are renowned throughout the world. RSM is one of the few schools worldwide that holds a triple accreditation from the AMBAs, EQUIS and the AASCB, and is positioned among the top European business schools. The scientific staff of both schools plays a major role in the schools’ interaction with the international business community.
ERIM distinguishes itself by the high-level and international character of its research and has repeatedly been ranked among top 3 research institutes in Europe. ERIM’s key aims are top-quality academic research with impact both on academia and managerial practice, and the advancement of international academic careers and high-level support for both research and doctoral education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The three broad themes of the Finance and Accounting programme are:
- Asset pricing
- Corporate finance
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Financial Mathematics
You are expected to:
- hold an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, or mathematics (depending on PhD project)
- have excellent results in your first degree or graduate study
- show explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research
- have a GMAT or GRE test result that is not older than five years, and an indication of the required score is 85 per cent (required for all entering PhD students
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 60 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 60 months.
Appointed PhD candidates are considered employees of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
- Our PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendi) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). Salary and benefits are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU).
- Fixed, gross monthly salaries are € 2,395 in the first year, € 2,790 in the second year, € 2,920 in the third year, and € 3,061 in the fourth year. EUR has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.