- to create critical and advanced thinking in tourism
- to contribute for the redesigning of the University of Aveiro tourism school, by re-launching the foundations of the present tourism area and help to creating a revigorated tourism school
- to contribute for the creation of a more dynamic tourism research pole, capable of articulating the theoretical and scientific knowledge produced in the UA with the needs of the tourism industry.
These objectives will be supported on the creation of an international tourism school, that will be based on top international scientific criteria.
A holder of a doctoral degree in Tourism should be able to:
- Identify problems or opportunities for improvement and propose solutions through theories, techniques and
- tools in the domain of management, economics, and planning in Tourism;
- Develop learning abilities and research skills consistent with the autonomous development of scientific work
- in Tourism with applied relevance for the sector;
- Conciliate the Tourism management and planning process with the requirements of an adequate territory
- organisation and an effective socio-economic development of destination areas;
- Promote innovation and the creation of new markets and products in Tourism;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate the conclusions of the conducted scientific work in international
- scientific meetings, thinking ahead to the creation of, and integration in international networks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Knowledge and Strategy in Tourism
- Marketing In Tourism
- Research Methodologies In Tourism
- Tourism And Territory
- Data Analysis
- Tourism Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTourism & Leisure
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master level degree, or legal equivalent in tourism or tourism related areas.
- Foreign higher education degree in tourism or tourism related areas awarded on completion of a 2nd cycle study programme organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2325 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2325 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
National2325 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2325 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.