It is anticipateded that the graduates of this doctoral programme will either obtain or consolidate the following skills:
- Sociocultural competence obtained to a high degree and which privileges the deepening of theories, of study methods of analysis and cultural commentary in the various domains which are the object of research.
- Competence in conceiving, planning and executing in an autonomous manner research of the highest level in cultural studies.
- Capacity to reflect critically, especially on cultural phenomena, and be able to draw together a understanding of complex ideas.
- The ability to open up an interdisciplinary dialogue in order to make connections between diverse tendencies in cultural studies, but also with other bodies of knowledge with which they are in constant interaction.
- Communicative competences and literarycultural abilities which enable them to transmit information about the studies they have carried out.
The MTSS has not made any data available regarding this cycle of studies. However, it should be noted that at the Lisbon Summit (2000) the Heads of State and Government of the member countries of the European Union committed to the goal of turning the EU into "the world’s most competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy, capable of sustained economic growth with more and better jobs and greater social cohesion".
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cultural Hermeneutics
- Orientation Seminar in Cultural Studies
- Cultural Tourism Themes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants for enrolment will be selected by the Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro in accordance with the proposal made by the Director of the Study Cycle, taking intoaccount the following parameters:
- Academic curriculum;
- Scientific curriculum and /or Professional curriculum.
- An interview and / or a written test may be required as complementary criteria.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
National2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.