It is also an objective of the doctoral program in Energy Systems and Climate Change at Universidade de Aveiro to gradually qualify students for the autonomous development of research and development work by integrating them into research teams with a special emphasis on the preparation and elaboration of the thesis.
Learning objectives associated with the curricular units of the doctoral program including the Thesis:
- To provide capacity for the analysis, understanding and quantification of energy and mass flows in contemporary societies and their relationship with natural resources, technologies, policy, management and climate change;
- To provide skills and methods for the development of research projects in the field of energy (conversion, transport, storage and use) and climate change (reduction and mitigation of the effects) and sustainability;
- To know, understand and apply computational and laboratory techniques and methodologies relevant to the development of RTD activity in major areas with the potential to develop research projects associated with the study of energy systems and climate change;
- To provide capacity to develop, in a systematic and autonomous way, bibliographic review procedures, including bibliometric analysis, aiming at the identification of the state of the art in a previously defined area of knowledge;
- To give the capacity to identify the needs, and to design and perform scientific research, in respect of the requirements imposed by academic quality and integrity standards, in a progressively autonomous way;
- To develop scientific communication skills that allow the presentation, in written and oral form, of research results in national or international conferences and/or publications with scientific revision;
- Develop critical thinking about the importance of energy, energy systems, and their interaction with the environment and society;
- To enable the exploitation of scientific, technological, social and economic progress in the academic and/or professional context, in a knowledge-based society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Acquisition and Analysis of Data
- Advanced Studies In Energetic Systems
- Energy And Sustainability
- Climate Change: Science, Mitigation And Adaptation
- Energy Economy And Climate Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Climate Studies & Meteorology Sustainable Energy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants for enrolment will be selected by the Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro in accordance with the proposal made by the Director of the Study Cycle, taking intoaccount the following parameters:
- Academic curriculum;
- Scientific curriculum and /or Professional curriculum.
- An interview and / or a written test may be required as complementary criteria.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2750 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
National2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2750 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.