Theory and Structures of Civil Engineering Works from Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava prepares students to master the principles of independent and team scientific work, the scientific formulation of problems, and ethical and environmental aspects of new solutions; they present their contributions to their field of study and practices of the community. They are aware of the social, legal and economic aspects of their profession and of the need for continuing professional development.
Our graduates can be employed as creative team members in universities, public and private sectors, by state administrations in the design, development and contractor organizations and wherever there is need for scientific work in the building sector.
- Design of Water Supply System
- Possibilities of water retention in drainage channel systems of Slovakia
- Geotechnical design of road embankmen
- Design of sewerage network in the village
- The Design of Greywater System for Family House
- Energy pile design
- 48 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 8 other PhDs in Civil Engineering & Construction in Slovakia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Signed curriculum vitae
- Certified Master diploma, with a verification of a state exam and a diploma supplement (NOT for students of STU who completed their studies in the current academic year)
- List of published vocational and scientific (artistic) works
- Framework project to dissertation topic
- Transcript of records of all passed exams from previous studies (Bachelor and Master degree)
- Confirmation of the payment of the application fee
- Applicants for English-language study will enclose to the application a language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS).
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bratislava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.