The supervisory pool spans across all four University Faculties, which provides students access to the highest level of academic expertise as well as a significant pool of technical resources, including labs for speech & movement analyses, signal processing; systems for eye tracking, or EEG.
Students in the Speech and Language Therapy programme from the University of Strathclyde can study an MPhil over one year or a PhD over three years. They also have the option of studying on a part-time basis.
Students are located within the supportive environment of the faculty’s Graduate School, and have frequent opportunity to interact with staff and fellow students during our regular research meetings which provide the necessary peer support to successfully complete their studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
All students enrol in a research development programme. PhD students will collect sufficient credits to graduate with a Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
The programme is designed to support them with their research. It'll also help them improve skills which are important to professional development and employability:
- the knowledge & intellectual abilities to conduct their research
- the personal qualities to succeed in their research & chosen career
- the standards, requirements & conduct of a professional researcher in their discipline
- working with others & communicating the impact of their research to a wide range of audiences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Psychology Cognitive Sciences View 86 other PhDs in Psychology in United Kingdom
We look for students with a first or a 2:1 UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in speech and language pathology or a related subject.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts & certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 250 to 1,000 words in length, detailing the subject area & topic to be investigated
By filling these details out as fully as possible, you'll avoid any delay to your application being processed by the University
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Rest of UK - £4407
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.