At Biozentrum Fellowship Program offered by University of Basel students are awarded on a competitive basis to a maximum of 10 successful candidates per open call. Recipients are offered a unique rotation-based selection of a research group of choice and a number of other incentives that foster the scientific excellence and the career prospects of these PhD candidates.
University of Basel invites motivated and dedicated students to join our Biozentrum Basel International PhD Program.
Students at Biozentrum Fellowship Program offered by University of Basel will:
- learn skills and techniques needed in modern biology.
- have broad interests in physics, chemistry or computer science.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Function of macromolecules,
- Wiring of regulatory circuits,
- General principles underlying complex biological systems and their dynamic interactions.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Biochemistry View 6 other PhDs in Natural Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You must hold or expect soon a university degree that qualifies you for a PhD program at the University of Basel (MSc and equivalent).
- Candidates with a 4-year Bachelor degree, typically from outside the Bologna system, are also eligible to apply. These will be able to complete a Master’s program on a fast-track at the University of Basel as part of their fellowship.
- electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts as pdf files
- CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page, pdf format)
- names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members)
International646 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 323 EUR per semester during 36 months.
National646 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 323 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Basel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.