This course aims to prepare professional leaders, educationalists and clinicians with research and research project management skills to take a leading role with the development of practice or the development of services within defined professional areas.
Setting you apart from other professionals in the area, it will enhance your chances of securing a consultative role.
With our Doctorate in Health and Social Care Practice , you can tailor your qualification to your own interests and develop as a clinical and professional leader in your field. In addition, you’ll improve your knowledge and understanding of a range of research and enquiry methodologies and skills related to your profession.
The students choose this Health and Social Care Practice course from University of Derby as a crucial part of their personal and professional development. You will gain impressive skills in research, analysis, and critical and strategic thinking which will enhance your performance in your current role while paving the way to further career opportunities. The doctorate is often a stepping stone to more senior leadership roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Develop Strategies and Skills for Professional Doctoral Research and Study
- Service and Practice Development
- Independent Scholarship for Professional Practice and Service Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 184 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You should normally have a Postgraduate Diploma or a Masters award in an appropriate academic field or equivalent. You should also ideally have a professional qualification or accreditation.
- All suitable applicants will be interviewed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National3000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.