Our aim is to deepen the chemical, physicochemical and chemical-engineering knowledge of the graduate who should be capable of independent creative activities and taking decisions in the field of research and development in chemistry as well as many related or interdisciplinary fields.
CareersThe graduate of the Chemistry course at University of Chemistry and Technology Prague will be able to design targeted syntheses of inorganic, organic and polymeric materials and coordination compounds with predefined physical, electrochemical, catalytic and biochemical properties to be applied in pharmacy, nanotechnology, electronics and catalysis, characterize them and theoretically interpret the obtained data. In the field of macromolecular chemistry, she/he will be prepared to solve problems related to the processing, recycling and use of polymers including the conservation and restoration of cultural heritage objects. Acquired knowledge may vary according to the nature of dissertation, ranging from purely experimental-interpretation character to knowledge based on quantum mechanics, thermodynamics or other theoretical models used to describe the structure and behavior of matter. The acquired skills also include knowledge of information technologies, ability to lead a scientific team, project preparation and management as well as publishing skills.
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical chemistry of inorganic systems
- Chemistry of solid substances
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced organic chemistry
- Physics of Polymers
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Master Diploma with Diploma Supplement Only certified copies of the originals are acceptable, i.e. stamped by the educational institute, officially translated into English (where applicable) and verified according to the international agreements.
- Recognition of previous education certificate (nostrification) shall be submitted by the enrolment day at the latest.
- Letter of motivation.
- Certificate of English language knowledge.
- Signed CV.
- Copy of your passport.
- Recent Health certificate >(not older than 2 months) confirmed by an official health institution.
- Application form signed by your doctoral thesis supervisor.
International2900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2900 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2900 EUR per year during 48 months.
70 700,- CZK per year
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.