Our Ph.D. curriculum is designed to prepare students for leadership positions in school psychology and related disciplines. Graduates of this School Psychology program at University of Arizona are prepared to assume roles that may involve research, scholarship, or practice. For example, they may function as academic school psychologists, licensed psychologists who work in schools, certified school psychologists, educational consultants, or private practitioners.
The Department of Disability and Psychoeducational Studies is committed to research about and teaching of students with disabilities and special abilities. The department’s research, teaching, and service address current issues in special education, rehabilitation, school psychology, and deaf studies. The Department of Disability and Psychoeducational Studies (DPS) is dedicated to advancing human and economic development through the empowerment and effective inclusion of culturally diverse individuals with disabilities and special abilities of all ages. This is accomplished by conducting research to further knowledge and understanding of abilities, disabilities, adaptations, interventions, and support systems; preparing professionals to educate and facilitate the development of individuals with disabilities and special abilities; and providing leadership at the local, state, national, and international levels.
To accomplish our mission, the department offers nationally recognized undergraduate, master's, educational specialist, and doctoral-level degrees to prepare teachers, counselors, specialists, administrators, school psychologists, school counselors, and researchers and educators in special education, rehabilitation, school psychology, gifted education, sign language and deaf studies, and educational interpreting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Social Psychology,
- Academic Assessment of Students with High Incidence
- Violence in School & Community
- Behavior Modification in Schools
- School Psychology
- Cultural Diversity in School Psychology
- Cognition and Development
- Early Childhood Assessment and Intervention
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 5 other PhDs in Psychology in Mexico
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A graduate college application
- Unofficial transcripts of all previous coursework required at time of application. Official transcripts of all previous coursework required at time of admission.
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals who can adequately address your ability to be a successful graduate student and professional.
- International applicants must meet acceptable English proficiency credentials as outlined here by the Graduate College.
- A resume or curriculum vita that summarizes your educational and employment history and any relevant professional accomplishments (including publications, presentations, honors, awards, and other significant activities)
- A personal statement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Mexico City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.