The Biosystems Engineering program from University of Arizona is developing innovative systems to sustainably feed an increasing population through cutting-edge technology, sustainable practices, and the drive to make a difference in the world. We build sustainable solutions that create resilience among society, the environment, and the economy.
Our vision: BE will be a world leader known for developing technologies and systems for the safe production of food, bioenergy, bioproducts, and biological information for sustainable use of arid and semi-arid environments. Students, constituents, and professionals will come from across the world to participate in our programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioproducts; Biosensors
- Controlled Environment
- Mechanization & Automation
- Remote Sensing & Precision Agriculture
- Sensors & Controls; Renewable Energy
- Water Resources & Irrigation systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 124 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Must hold a B.S. or M.S.
- Meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirements of 3.3
- Candidates who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements applications will not be considered for review.
- Complete the GRE Exam.
- Upload 3 letters of recommendation
- Applicants must upload unofficial pdf versions of all transcripts when submitting their application in our GradApp system.
- International students must follow the Graduate College language test requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.