Health and Social Care faculty’s research encompasses researchers and research students from many health, social care and education backgrounds and who therefore represent a range of academic interests. Research in the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education is located in our two Schools of Nursing & Midwifery and of Education & Social Care.
Anglia Ruskin University research and associated doctoral studies reflects our successful submissions to the Research Excellence Framework (2013) evaluation which is conducted nationally every few years. It relates to a number of specialist themes.
Health-related research: Workforce, patient/carer experience, stress, ageing, dementia, pain, falls, and childhood obesity.
Social care research: Marginalised communities (adult and young people), models of care, and community engagement.
- We invite applications towards study for MPhil or PhD on topics within these broad areas.
- Established, world-leading academics support the programmes.
- The sheer breadth of activity here creates an inspiring environment, as well as the opportunity to share ideas with professionals from many sectors.
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work Human Medicine Health Sciences View 186 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MPhil: You’ll need a Bachelor degree or equivalent with first or upper second class honours, in a related subject area.
- PhD: You’ll need a Master degree or equivalent in a related subject area.
- Please note we consider most candidates for PhD with progression from MPhil. If you want to apply for direct entry to the PhD route, you’ll also need to provide academic justification for this with your application.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.