With an emphasis on bridging basic and translational science, students of the Molecular Medicine program at the University of Arizona receive advanced training in the theory and practice of biomedical science. There are opportunities to investigate human health and disease ranging from biophysical studies at the atomic level, to modeling critical cellular process in tractable systems, to clinical research.
The exposure and skills that students acquire prepare them for careers in biomedical research (including academia and the biotechnology industry), science education, journalism, and public policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Cell Biology
- Science, Society, & Ethics
- Systems Biology
- Nucleic Acids, Metabolism, and Signaling
- Immunological Concepts
- Principles and Molecular Mechanisms of Microbe-Host Interactions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Molecular Sciences View 30 other PhDs in Molecular Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students with an interest in pursuing this degree field should apply through the Arizona Biological and Biomedical Sciences program. Upon succesful completion of the first year of PhD studies, ABBS students have the opportunity to transfer into Molecular Medicine as second year students and continue their research more in-depth in one of our three research emphasis tracks.
- ABBS considers a variety of factors when reviewing applications. Research experience is desirable in candidates to our program, but extensive research experience is not required. Molecular Medicine typically admits students with an undergraduate degree in biological, computational or physical sciences but has also considered applicants from other backgrounds. To be considered, students must have completed coursework in - and have a good understanding of - Mathematics (through Calculus), Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.