SUTD Programme at Singapore University of Technology and Design creates an environment which places a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary and collaborative research and provides opportunities for industry internships, overseas research attachments and teaching experience.
The SUTD PhD Programme also features:
- Access to multiple world-class faculty with co-supervision flexibility
- Leading-edge research experience through potential overseas research attachments at top universities worldwide
- Close research collaboration and exposure to industry through local or overseas internships
Upon enrolment, students will pursue a PhD under these academic tracks:
Architecture and Sustainable Design
Engineering Product Development
Engineering Systems and Design
Information Systems Technology and Design
Science and Math
Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Original Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree transcript and certificate softcopies
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score reportNot required, but highly recommended.
- Names, titles & e-mail addresses of your 3 Recommenders
- Relevant supporting documents
- Softcopy of your Identity Card or relevant pages in your Passport
- Your Statement of Objectives (3,000 words) softcopy
International22682 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22682 USD per year during 36 months.
National10601 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10601 USD per year during 36 months.
Singapore Citizens (SC): S$14,300
Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR): S$20,000
International Students (IS) (Inclusive of GST): S$30,600
Non-Subsidised Fees (Inclusive of GST): S$50,950
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.