Two concentrations are available in the Neurosciences and Cognitive Sciences program at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) ; neuroscience, and computational neuroscience. Faculty research interests range from molecular neurobiology and neural and behavioral systems, to analysis and modeling of neurons.
Research approaches include both the theoretical and the experimental. The experimental work includes cutting edge methodologies; the theoretical includes mathematical, computer, and engineering studies; and both approaches are commonly used together.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The entering student is expected to rotate through two or three laboratories or with faculty in the non-laboratory disciplines within 18 months of entering the program. These rotations may include a rotation in a UMB (Medical School) or UMCP faculty laboratory.
- The program requires that all students have the two-semester core neuroscience and cognitive sequence.
- Students in the neuroscience concentration are expected to exhibit a wide knowledge of neuroscience, while students in the cognitive and computational neuroscience concentration are expected to demonstrate mastery of two of the three areas of the concentration.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNeuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 26 other PhDs in Neuroscience in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed Graduate School application
- A bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university
- Statement of academic goals and research interests
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all college-level institutions attended
- Official report of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test*
- Official report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) from applicants whose native language is not English. A minimum score of 80 on the iBT is required for admission.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
National23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
In-State14814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14814 USD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.