We support you to create new insights and theories into the working world, in which your research could help leaders to navigate these challenges and shape theory, policy and practice in the fields of management studies and business analytics.
Previous Business Administration PhD student research from Essex, University of, has included:
- SME strategies in developed and developing countries
- internationalisation of businesses
- knowledge driven economy and impact on organisations
Our PhD programmes are designed to foster the business leaders and researchers of the future. Our graduates use creativity, innovation and ethical awareness to meet the many challenges facing the international business world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A research degree doesn't have a taught structure, giving you the chance to investigate your chosen topic in real depth and reach a profound understanding of your subject.
- In communicating that understanding, through a thesis or other means, you have a rare opportunity to generate knowledge.
- A research degree allows you to develop new high-level skills, enhance your professional development and build new networks. It can open doors to many careers.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline and we aim to respond to applications within four weeks.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 48 other PhDs in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need a good Masters degree, or equivalent, in a related subject. A well developed research proposal is also essential.
- You will normally be required to attend an interview/Skype interview for acceptance, and acceptance is subject to research expertise in the department.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16230 GBP per year during 48 months.
National5360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5360 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Home/UK fee
- International fee
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
You may be eligible for doctoral scholarships and discounts to help fund your study. Essex is also home to one of just 21 ESRC Doctoral Training Centres, offering fully-funded PhD studentships across the social sciences. All of our PhD programmes are eligible, although competition for funding is high.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.