The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Nursing at University of Nevada, Las Vegas represents the highest level of formal education for a career in research and the scholarship of discovery. It prepares scholars for the expression and communication of the knowledge base in the profession.
The Ph.D. graduate develops the science, stewards the profession, educates the next generation of nurses, defines its uniqueness, and maintains its professional integrity.
The Ph.D. program prepares leaders, scholars/researchers, and educators.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Knowledge Development in Nursing
- Theory Development in Nursing
- The Nurse as Leader
- Statistical Methods for Nursing Research I: Univariate Methods
- Statistical Methods for Nursing Research II: Multivariate Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 68 other PhDs in Nursing in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Generally, a minimum grade point average of 3.5 (on a 4.0 = A scale) earned in a nursing or health-related master's program of study is required. Students who graduated from accredited competency-based schools are advised to contact the Program Director for additional information.
- Successful completion within the last 5 years of graduate course work or equivalent in statistics and research with a B or better.
- Current unencumbered and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in at least one state or territory of the US.
- Applicants must present GRE scores on verbal, quantitative and analytic measures. The exam must have been taken within the last five years. Post-DNP applicants are exempt from this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation are required from individuals who can evaluate the applicant's motivation, academic capability, scholarship potential, and personal integrity for doctoral study in nursing.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.