The coursework will be offered during three consecutive semesters each year for three years. Students in the Occupational Therapy program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas will be eligible to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) exam after successfully completing all coursework and fieldwork.
The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education of the American Occupational Therapy Association has granted candidacy status to the Occupational Therapy Program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Upon completion of the Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD) degree, students should be prepared to:
- Demonstrate professional behaviors on Level I fieldwork as measured by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Level I Fieldwork Competency Evaluation for OT and OTA Students (2017) and as outlined in the Program Handbook of the UNLV OTD Program.
- Engage in the ethical practice of occupational therapy as outlined by the AOTA Code of Ethics (2015) as measured on the Self-Assessment of Professional Behavior during each Professional Development Seminar class.
- Achieve entry-level competence in clinical practice as measured by achieving a score of at least 122 points on the AOTA Fieldwork Performance Evaluation (2002).
- Select and pursue leadership and advocacy activities through the use of an annual Professional Development Plan.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Neuroscience for Occupational Therapy
- Functional Movement Kinesiology with Lab
- Occupational Therapy Practice I with Adults/Older Adults
- Evidence-Based Practice I Quantitative Research
- Teaching and Learning I
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesOccupational Health and Safety View 6 other PhDs in Occupational Health and Safety in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Students applying to the OTD program have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The degree may be in any area of study as long as the student has successfully completed the following pre-requisite coursework:
- Statistics (1 course)
- Biology (2 courses)
- Anatomy & Physiology (2 courses) with labs
- Psychology (3 courses - Introductory, Developmental & Abnormal)
- Anthropology or Sociology (1 course)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 36 months.
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.