Drawing upon research and scholarship, the University of Leeds provides students an exceptional educational experience in International Business, offering skills and capabilities for competing in the global economy.
The research and teaching add continuous and sustainable value to business and society.
Research proposalsThe International Business Department within Leeds University Business School is interested in receiving proposals in the following areas of research:
- The Global Factory in the World Economy - tests of the conceptual structure.
- Foreign direct investment in China - strategies and impact.
- Foreign direct investment in India - opportunities and constraints.
- Testing international business theory to explain patterns of outward foreign direct investment from emerging countries.
- The internationalisation of developing country firms, especially Chinese and Indian multinational enterprises (MNEs).
- Issues of economic development and the role of the private sector in reducing poverty.
Programme StructureExpertise of research area
- foreign direct investment
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 24 other PhDs in International Business in United Kingdom
Candidates should ideally have a first-class or at least a good upper second-class undergraduate degree.
Candidates should hold a British Masters degree (or equivalent degree from an overseas university) or an equivalent professional qualification:
- with a minimum average score of 60 percent (or equivalent); and
- in an appropriate academic discipline. Appropriate academic disciplines include those directly related to the subject specialisms of the Business School (accounting and finance, economics, international business, management, marketing and work and employment relations) or providing skill sets which are particularly relevant to the PhD research project (for example, social research methods, linguistics, mathematics, statistics, psychology, etc.)
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.