As such, students draw upon the scientific literature as a primary basis for professional practice and focus their research agendas so as to have meaningful implications for practice. In addition, functioning as a scientist-practitioner meas that professional practice is conducted in ways that are consistent with the scientific method.
Emphasis in training is placed on the provision of services through research-based practice and data-based decision making. Doctoral students gain competencies, not only in the provision of school psychological services to individual children and youth, but also in the promotion and implementation of systemic, preventative educational and mental health systems. Since the program's emphasis is on the application of psychology in applied educational and mental health settings, students are required to demonstrate competence in the substantive content areas of psychological and educational theory; the scientific, methodological and theoretical foundations of practice in school psychology; data-based decision making; intervention design and evaluation; and cultural and individual diversity.
The school psychology doctorate prepares students to work as leaders in applied practice in educational and mental health settings.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills associated with both the National Association of School Psychologists' Domains of School Psychology Training and Practice and those domains related to advanced psychological foundations knowledge and research skills as identified by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of professional deportment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive Neuropsychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Cognitive Development
- Social and Personality Development
- Theories of Personality
- History and Contemporary Systems
- Learning and Conditioning
- Physiological Psychology
- Social Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Counselling Psychology View 123 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.000 graduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale (minimum 3.500 GPA is recommended)
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores (minimum scores at the 50th percentile is recommended)
- Résumé or vita
- Goal statement
- Sample of written work
- School Psychology Supplemental Data Form (online document)
- Questions in Anticipation of Licensure form
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.