Research is also carried out in collaboration with other departments in the University, particularly Mechanical Engineering, Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Management, and Computer Science.
The Architecture and Civil Engineering at University of Bath dissemination of research findings is seen as a vital component of the research process and graduate students are encouraged to prepare papers for publication as part of their research training. We encourage a wide range of interests.
Academic staff are always open to ideas which extend existing work or introduce new topics to their existing subject areas.
- The MPhil and PhD programmes combine taught research training and applied research practice. Candidates join the Department as a member of the Research Centre in which they initially have a broad research interest and that will have overseen their acceptance into the Department.
- Most research students who ‘do a PhD’ register in the first instance as probationer for the programme of PhD. Confirmation of PhD registration is subject to your passing an assessment process, which normally involves submission of written work and an oral examination.
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 23 other PhDs in Architecture in United Kingdom
- The minimum non-graduate qualifications acceptable for admission to the University of Bath are passes at a satisfactory level in either of the following examinations:
- Institution of Chemical Engineers Part III or
- Membership of recognised professional institutions of at least graduate status or a relevant professional qualification acceptable to the Board of Studies
- Extended and responsible experience at an appropriate standard in a relevant field acceptable to the Board of Studies.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19800 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4400 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.