The PhD Program in Engineering and Public Policy trains experts in designing policies that support the development of the telecom and energy sectors. Relevant international policy issues include the regulatory regimes applying to these sectors, the need for universal service, and the emergent challenges arising from the widespread use of both sensor and social networks.
Graduates in Engineering and Public Policy find exciting job opportunities as leaders of multidisciplinary teams that take upon technology related projects where knowledge of how markets work are a plus. Typically, 1/3 of the graduates go to academia, 1/3 to the industry and consulting companies and 1/3 hold governmental related appointments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Topics in Microeconomics
- Decision Analysis Models and Applications
- Science Dissemination and Teaching Skills
- Optimization and Applications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Public Policy View 4 other Masters in Public Policy in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of an Undergraduate Degree and Master’s Degree may apply for this training doctoral programme by obtaining a pass in an advanced study course, that grants a total of credits between 30 and 60 ECTS, followed by advanced research, development and innovation work, leading to a dissertation (PhD thesis). In all it has a 3 year duration.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1063 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.