The Environment Engineering programme at Instituto Superior Técnico is an multi and inter-disciplinary scientific area that cross-relates traditional engineering skills and technologies with social, economics, land use, planning and management and other environmental related knowledges to provide multiple research and innovation opportunities founded upon solid oriented environmental engineering, enabling integrated solutions to environmental problems driven by sustainability challenges and priorities.
The PhD in Environmental Engineering was created in 1996, having been adjusted to Bologna process in 2006.
Holders of a PhD degree in Environmental Engineering will be employed in Higher Education institutions, R&D laboratories and companies, environmental consulting companies.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Environmental Modelling
- Advanced Geostatistics
- Chemical and Biological Engineering Reaction
- Outreach and Teaching Skills - Department of Bioengineering
- Seminars in Environmental Engineering
- Wastewater Systems Integrated Management
- Ecological Economics
- Strategic Assessment and Sustainability
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology Environmental Sciences View 4 other PhDs in Environmental Sciences in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of an Undergraduate Degree and Master’s Degree may apply for this training doctoral programme by obtaining a pass in an advanced study course, that grants a total of credits between 30 and 60 ECTS, followed by advanced research, development and innovation work, leading to a dissertation (PhD thesis). In all it has a 3 year duration.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.