The Leaders for Technical Industries program was developed with the support of the Massachussetts Institute of Technology (MIT), in the framework of the Engineering Design and Advanced Manufacturing (EDAM) focus area of the Portugal - MIT Program. The program comprises a curricular component and the elaboration of a scientific/industrial oriented PhD thesis.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department has a long history on PhD formation.
- The development of new engineering education programs is an objective of the department.
- Therefore, the present PhD program links high quality education to a novel curricular program, to promote a new entrepreneurial attitude towards knowledge-based manufacturing and competitive product development.
Main Research Topics are:
- Automotive systems and mobility: new technologies, systems and services;
- Sustainable exploration of the Atlantic: observation systems, subsea technologies, surface technologies, port systems;
- Aeronautics and aerospace technologies and systems;
- Design Cities for Knowledge;
- Design for Uncertainty;
- Additive manufacturing;
- Advanced electronics and embedded systems
LTI graduates are capable of leading multidisciplinary teams in product development and manufacturing operations to address a multitude of challenges in engineering design and manufacturing, namely: innovative product development, advanced processing / fabrication solutions, optimisation of production processes under an integrated perspective of the product cycle.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Systems and Research Methods
- Engineering Systems Research
- Innovation Management
- Management of Production
- Product Design
- Innovation Studies
- Innovation Teams
- Management for Engineering
- Management of Production
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership View 8 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of an Undergraduate Degree and Master’s Degree may apply for this training doctoral programme by obtaining a pass in an advanced study course, that grants a total of credits between 30 and 60 ECTS, followed by advanced research, development and innovation work, leading to a dissertation (PhD thesis). In all it has a 3 year duration.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.