The themes of the PhDs in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering from Instituto Superior Técnico are those that reflect the problems of the speciality, and involve planning, design, construction, exploitation and systems maintenance of vehicle and structures aimed at exploring the ocean resources, namely Marine Environment, Dynamics and Hydrodynamics, Marine Structures, Ship Design, Maritime Transportation and Ports, Analysis and Safety Management, Maintenance based on Reliability, Fishing Technology and Aquaculture and Yacht Sailing.
- To promote the research in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, allowing the development of relevant areas of international scientific knowledge.
- To present the development of recognised technological and scientific research activities at international level.
- To contribute to the high quality academic education in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering (3 rd Cycle) and offering this education at international level.
The holder of a Doctoral Degree in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering can work at Universities, Research Laboratories, Enterprises, Governmental Offices and Public Administration
- Advanced Analysis of Marine Structures
- Dynamics and Control of Ocean Vehicles
- Modelling and Analysis of Sea Waves
- Advanced Analysis of Ship Dynamics
- Advanced Design of Marine Structures
- Research Seminars
- Advanced Topics in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Uncertainty Modeling
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The holders of a Master degree or equivalent in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering or related areas.The holders of a 5 years undergraduate degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering or related areasThe holders of a relevant academic, scientific or professional curriculum that be recognised by the Scientific Council of IST as being able to attend this course.
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.