- Astrophysics and Gravitation
- Plasmas Physics, Nuclear Fusion, Photonics and Intense Lasers;
- Physics of Condensed Matter, Nanotechnology and Solid State Physics;
- Particle Physics and Nuclear Physics.
The PhD Program in Physics Engineering is designed to provide advanced knowledge and research capabilities into subjects involving applications in physical and physical engineering, consistent with the expertise available in the Department of Physics of IST. The graduates of PDEFT are exposed to advanced experimental techniques in plasma physics, intense lasers, optics, nanotechnologies and nuclear and particle physics, including data acquisition systems, real time control measurements, instrumentation, and micro and nanofabrication techniques.
After completing their PhD, graduates of this program are expected to have acquired the ability to perform autonomous scientific work in their particular field of study, expanding the frontiers of knowledge with their original research to the highest standards of quality and integrity. These graduates should promote academic, professional, technological, social and cultural progress, in interaction with the academic community and the society at large.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Experimental Methods in Particle Physics
- Advanced Topics in Particle and Astroparticle Physics
- Complements of Microtechnologies
- Condensed Matter Physics and Quantum Information
- Nuclear Physics Methods in Science and Technology
- Outreach and Teaching Skills
- Physics of Semiconductor Nanostructures
- Physics Seminar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 6 other Masters in Physics in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of an Undergraduate Degree and Master’s Degree may apply for this training doctoral programme by obtaining a pass in an advanced study course, that grants a total of credits between 30 and 60 ECTS, followed by advanced research, development and innovation work, leading to a dissertation (PhD thesis). In all it has a 3 year duration.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1063 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.