Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD) programme
As part of the Architecture programme from the University of Strathclyde, you'll be enrolled on the Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
This certificate is designed to support you with your research and rewards you for things you'll do as a research student here.
It'll help you improve skills which are important to professional development and employability:
- the knowledge and intellectual abilities to conduct your research
- the personal qualities to succeed in your research and chosen career
- the standards, requirements and conduct of a professional researcher in your discipline
- working with others and communicating the impact of your research to a wide range of audiences
All you have to do is plan these activities alongside your doctorate, documenting and reflecting your journey to success along the way.
- Architectural Design & Conservation
- Architecture & Urbanism in the Global South
- Built Environment Education & Architectural Pedagogy
- Construction Law
- Cultural & Historic Studies
- Innovative Construction Technologies & Building Information Management
- Sustainable Design & Technology
- Urban Design
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 8 other PhDs in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You'll need a first-class or upper second-class UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in any discipline.
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees, translated into English where necessary
- two references, one of which must be academic and obtained before you apply
- an updated CV which includes research and/or industry experience
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 250 to 1000 words in length, detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated
- proof of IELTS English language proficiency, if English isn't your first language
- a scanned copy of your passport
- a copy of your funding letter, if available
Previous research or industrial experience isn't necessary but is advantageous.
International2000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Each studentship covers the home tuition fee, or international fee for many awards, and provides a maintenance grant of at least £13,836 a year, for up to three and a half years.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.